Shades of Milk and Honey
I enjoyed this book very much because it combined Jane Austen novels with magic. And since my novel for NaNo this year is also set in the Victorian era, I will have to reread Jane Austen’s work.
My Favorite Quotes:
- It is not the knowledge of glamour which I guard; it is the art created by it. Illusions should be entrancing without someone looking behind the scenes to see how they are made. Would you enjoy a play where you saw the mechanicals exposed? For me, it is much the same. I want the illusion to remain whole. If someone thinks about how it is done, then I have failed in my art.
- …I want to transport the audience to another place; I do not want them to think of effort or technique.
- One must not trust novelists, Beth; they create worlds to fit their own needs and drive their characters mad in doing it.
- Posted in: Books ♦ Other Sites
- Tagged: fantasy, fiction, Jane Austen, magic, Mary Robinette Kowal, novel, read, Shades of Milk and Honey