Failed Novel to Graphic Novel

I have attempted Charlotte’s story in multiple novel drafts. I still haven’t found the perfect form, but the graphic novel was a great experiment. Choosing a medium was difficult, considering my attachment to charcoal and watercolor, plus the addition of copic markers.

Here is my medium experiment.

And some of my final panels.

Advertisements

4 Comments

  1. Interesting 🙂 ~are the final panels copic markers?

  2. I did use copic markers. First I used a blue pencil for the sketches, laid down frisket to protect the areas that would have copics, painted a watercolor wash for the backgrounds, colored the people and some objects with copics, and inked with multiliners.

  3. Sara

    I love how you tried many different mediums for the same panel! It’s really interesting to see how that changes the feeling of it. Now I’m going to have to try that with my own work. Thanks!

  4. Thank you so much! It was an enjoyable experiment. Good luck with your work, Sara.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: